Chris Gillin-Schwartz, Partner
Chris Gillin-Schwartz practices civil litigation, municipal and land use law, advises on residential and commercial real estate matters and criminal defense. As a young attorney, Chris began his practice as a litigator and brings a tactical/results-oriented approach to every matter. Chris serves as Solicitor to the Borough of West Cape May and the Sea Isle City Zoning Board. In addition, Chris represents private applicants before local land use boards in New Jersey. Chris prides himself on thorough preparation, responsiveness, and fierce advocacy for his clients.
In 2016, the Cape May County Bar Association named Chris Young Lawyer of the Year. Chris currently serves on the Board of Trustees for the Cape May County Bar Association. In 2019, Chris was a featured speaker at the New Jersey Association of Justice “Rising Stars” Panel at the annual Boardwalk Conference in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Residential and Commercial Real Estate Transactions
- Zoning, Planning, & Land Use
- Municipal Court & Criminal Defense
- New Jersey, 2012
- Pennsylvania, 2012
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, 2013
- J.D., Cum Laude, Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, DE – 2012
- B.A., Mount Saint Mary’s University, Emmittsburg, MD – 2008
- “Rising Star” 2019 – New Jersey Association of Justice (NJAJ)
- Young Lawyer of the Year, 2016 – Cape May County Bar Association